Monday, March 09, 2009

Walk to the beach

I haven't run for a couple of weeks. I guess I'd struggle if I run Round the Bays next week. "No la, maybe next year."

The weather is more unstable than the previous summer months. I went jogging this afternoon as the weather was sunny. Well, I mostly walked because I'd been inactive and got fatter. Nevertheless, I walked to the beach on the east coast and back. Google Map says that round trip is 7.5km. It took about 80 minutes.

It looks to me it's really nice to live near the beaches. It'd be convenient during the summer months. Just walk a few minutes to the beach. So nice. But I don't live that close to the beaches. It takes at least half an hour to reach the beach on foot. I guess it's already really convenient, though, if I drive. But that's still different. Say if I live just 10 minute walk / 5 min run away from the beach, I can just walk there whenever I want, whenever I have a bit of spare time. Someday, someday.

Anyway, I'm just babbling. And I just want to try this quote function:

我家不靠 Bay

Does that look like a quote in magazine? hm, it doesn't look like it with the current style of my blog.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

beach?
man i cannot even walk straigh in taiwan bro

too many people and too much trollys on the street

Forrest hill road is better then Zhong Xiao East road

cheers

LC said...

yes, I had bad knees in Taiwan because I had to keep changing directions abruptly while walking. Plus I stood in MRT for 40 minutes each day and it changed speed rapidly.

It helps if you find the path of least resistance when you get around places. :P

Anonymous said...

"我家不靠 Bay" made my day...
even tho the day has only just started!!!
hahaha....
nice one LC...

oh..Jenny said she saw u somewhere couple days ago.....and that's abt it...ha...

LC said...

ha. I intended to mention a few names of the bays. But I forgot when I wrote them. Long Bay, Browns Bay, Castor Bay. Indeed, I don't live in those areas.

Yeah, I thought I might have seen Jenny. So it really was her.