Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy Thursday

There were a few things that took place on Thursday. I didn't get much work done that day because I went to different events from noon onward.

At noon, I met up with Joseph to have lunch together. Joseph's in NZ for a month to do intern(?) at Auckland Hospital. We went to Occidental and ate a pot of mussels each. :)  The bad thing was, somehow I feel so much fatigue this week, I was so sleepy in the darker lighting.

Then, not long after I got back to my office, I went to the demonstrator workshop. This is for my part time job in the computer lab in uni. The workshop was to let the demonstrators discuss the possible issues that happen on the job and how we can better assist students. Even though I've done this for two semesters. Some issues surprised me. One was there was a couple who made out in the computer lab. Hm... right... why would you want to do that in a computer lab?... That doesn't sound romantic. Although another person mentioned that there was a couple who sit on one seat and watched a movie. He said the only thing missing was the popcorn! Movies. Maybe that's why.

Another issue that surprised me was that we're required to declare it to our boss if we're dating the student who comes to the lab. Furthermore, the demonstrators of the labs for particular stage 1 classes are forbidden to date their students. I didn't know these rules. Not that I've got those issues.

Soon after the workshop, the next event I went to was the IT student's club event. It's a new club that just started this year. This event was "poker night". There were pizzas too, of course. So I played poker in a table of six players for about an hour. My somewhat cautious approach got me to third place at this table. A few sponsers spoke during the game. I don't know if they got their messages across. ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

students make out in anywhere you can possible imagine man.. where were you when you were a uni student? gosh... weren't u paying attention? this isn't something new! :p

and LOL at the rule.. what a BUMMER! :p

LC said...

I didn't see people making out in the soldering room in the stinking fumes of the electrical lab. I can't imagine making out when there are dissected dead mice on the table either.

And about the rule, I'm the "must declare" type, not the forbidden type. I have nothing to declare, though.