Thursday, May 31, 2007

港澳行:local, pseudo-local and frequent visitor

I finally got to meet Michael and Kenny in Hong Kong. For the past two times I came to Hong Kong, Michael was out of town or something. We finally met.

Actually, I still got bad timing this time. They were all busy, even at weekends. Michael's working endlessly. And Kenny, well, spends time with his girlfriend.

Anyway, we finally met up. Yey! Time for dinner. When I am by myself, I wouldn't go to restaurants that are for a group of people. Finally a nice dinner tonight. Even better, I'm led by a local (and a pseudo-local) too. So we met up and went to 蘭桂坊 for... Malaysian food?! well, it's like a mixed style restaurant, not traditional Malaysian food. They said they came here last time when Joseph passed by Hong Kong. I thought we'd go for Cantonese food, though. I guess that'd be boring for, though. Anyway, the food was decious. I enjoyed it. Just that those 2 finished the food in Hong Kong speed while I chewed in Auckland speed. haha


And those two also chatted in Hong Kong speed. Talk talk talk. In Mandarin, English, and occasionally Cantonese when talking with the waitresses.
They haven't for met months either. So they talked about their friends and things in Hong Kong and there were quite a few topics I didn't catch on. Anyway, the general impression I got was, they were busy and bored in Hong Kong. Ha, Kenny, if you're bored in Hong Kong, where else can you find interesting? :P
Oh, another impression was Kenny always has girls in mind. :P

Later we went to 滿記甜點 for snack. One of its famous dish is the durian flavoured snack. For the first few bites, it was surprisingly delicious. However, a few bites later, I began to find it stank so much.
We also each had a bowl of sweet ice snack. That was delicious.

Soon after, the local, the pseudo-local and the frequent visitor went their separate ways. I wonder when these 3 will gather in one place next time?

No comments: