Monday, May 28, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth

Dad said there are free screenings of the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth". So we went to watch it. There were few people, probably because the free screenings run for months so many interested people have been to them already.

It was an engaging documentary. It really makes me wonder about where mankind is heading, and what's the world going to be like for our grandchildren, children, or even for ourselves in 20 years.

This film convinced me that global warming is a fact. (actually I'd never doubted it.) We should really do something about it now. It's human nature to put off things that don't have immediate impacts. But this problem needs to be dealt with by us. If we don't, it may become too late and we'll lose our world, our only Earth.

Yes, I think the title is appropriate, an inconvenient truth... We don't want to deal with it now so we deny the truth. People do that to a lot of issues too. On a personal level, I probably have some issues I don't deal with either.

Problems won't be solved by itself. Something has to be done. I hope people would all watch this film and be aware of Global Warming and start act on it.
I hope politicians will really start dealing with the problems, not just deny them and try to shift attention away to some other issues they make up.
Politicians, stop bickering over silly stuffs! Especially those in Taiwan. If you really care about this land, make regulations to cut down greenhouse gas emission, ratify the Kyoto Protocol! 這就是愛台灣啦~

希望陳總統對於文化多樣性與永續發展的致詞不是說說而已。雖然我覺得只是說說,but I hope I'm wrong.

Please have a look here to see the actions you can take in everyday life to reduce your impact on climate changes.
Reduce your impact. The things you can do to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the film by Al Gore? should be a pretty nice yet frightening documentary :p