Thursday, May 21, 2009

Simon & Garfunkel

I've been writing "the making of" Jesu's proposal. It's long a it's taking a long time. In the mean time, I'll just put up another "trivia" article. These things are not really trivial. They are actually well known to certain groups of people. They're just less known to my friends, I guess. For today's topic, I don't know them either.

I first heard of Simon & Garfunkel when communitychannel mentioned it in her video. She's got to the ticket to their concert. Last week, I browsed http://www.aucklandnz.com/ to see the events in Auckland. I saw that they're coming to NZ too, and my dad recognizes the duo. Yesterday, my mum mentioned that her bosses tried to buy tickets to their concert. When I got home today, my mum is playing their concert DVD, which she just bought today. So, somehow, their names have been popping up in the recent weeks.

But I have absolutely no idea who they are. I don't know what they're famous for. According to Wikipedia, they were an American singer-songwriter duo that was famous in the 1960s. They broke up and they reunited for a couple of years in the early 80s. I think my parents might know them from that time. Then they broke up again. It seems like they've broken up several times. Anyway, now they're touring around the world. My mum said that Auckland concert was sold out in less than 20 minutes after they start selling the tickets. So I guess there are still many people who want to see they perform.

The odd thing is, as I listened to a few songs in the concert DVD, I couldn't recognize the songs. If they've been so popular, howcome there aren't many songs that are played on Classic Hits or other radio channels that play old songs? By the way, I don't find their songs interesting...

So, my friends, leave comments if you know what they are famous for, what their most memorable songs are. Also, if you're going to their concert, let me know why.

No comments: