Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bump into engineering classmates. 3 times!

I bumped into my old engineering classmates 3 times yesterday. What a coincidence!

I went to the general & science careers fair in uni. Michael was there too. He recently graduated from his PhD. I bumped into him on the graduation day a couple of weeks ago too.

Then I saw Brian in the shared postgraduate computer workspace in the computer science department. I've seen him a few times there. He came back this semester to study a postgrad paper. It's funny how we end up studying in the same place at the same time after so many years.

After I finished my lab demonstrating job around 10pm, I ran downhill to try to catch a bus that leaves soon. Then somebody else was running too. He called me. I turned my head and saw it was Willy. So I chose to take the same bus as him and transfer at a trasnport centre. Willy is still working on his PhD. Interestingly, it sounded like he had worked on something that was related to what I did in a project when I studied engineering. It brought back the memory. Mostly bad memories. But it's alright now because that's far away. I've matured a bit to realize why things weren't how I imagined it to be, and what we could have done differently. Anyway, PhD really takes a huge amount of work. All the PhD students I've met all feel it's hard to finish at the end. I hope Willy will work through it without much trouble.

No comments: