Saturday, June 30, 2007

宜蘭:好山好水好無聊

My mum learned this phrase while she's in Taiwan. "好山,好水,好無聊". One of my uncles describes 宜蘭 as such. My mum quickly applies that to New Zealand, too.

Little did I know that I was really going to 宜蘭. Basically, it was like on the day of the trip, my uncle said, "by the way, you and grandma are coming with us tonight". I went along without knowing much about what we were going to do in 宜蘭.

Well, as it turned out, not much. I don't think it confirmed "好山,好水,好無聊", I think it was because we didn't really plan where to go and what to do, so we didn't really do much except driving around. The notable things we did were, hot spring spa at the hotel, cold spring spa at 礁溪 (礁溪冷泉), and had some fried seafood at 大溪漁港. That's about it. Other than that, it was mostly hours of driving, with a 1 year old kid growing impatient in the car, haha.

By the way, going through the tunnel is much faster than driving along the coast. It took just over an hour when we went to 宜蘭 on the first night. Then it took hours of driving when we drove along the coast on the way back.

hm, maybe 童玩節 at the 冬山河親水公園 would be nice. But it doesn't start till July...

No comments: