Thursday, June 21, 2007

SCJP test

Yup, I finally got around to take the SCJP test today.
We got home late last night and left me with no time to squeeze in some last minute studies for my Java certification. I didn't care much because when I signed for the test, there was a promotion to give the candidates to retake the test once for free.

In the early parts the test I thought I'd run out of time and actually make use of the free retake. When I finished the test I guessed I might just pass. In fact, I passed, and well above the passing score. A nice surprise! :)

So yeah, I've got my very first probably useless computer certificate.

I feel like babbling some more :P
Things aren't done until you've done it.
I first had the idea of getting this certificate when I just left university. But it isn't until today that I actually did it.
I still hear a few friends casually say they'll get this certificate. But just saying doesn't get you anywhere.
hm, same for driver's license. I got my full license after university. Quite late. :P
Anyway, I just feel that it's what you do that counts, not what you say you'll do. I observed that in my last job. :P I guess that's for life in general too.
End of babbling.

No comments: