Saturday, October 27, 2007

It is time to act music

TC asked me to go to a "concert" last Friday. We only knew it was organized by her high school ex-classmate, Christina. I also knew because we went on the same tour of our high school orchestra and choir group.

The name of concert was "It is Time to Act Music". We didn't know what to expect. It was at the Pumphouse. We weren't the ones to enter the venue but first few rows were empty. Don't know why people avoid those rows. Too close? We sat in the middle of the first row with a very close view.

After the show started and there were several piano performances by children. They were Christina's students. So the concert was mostly to showcase Christina's students to friends and family. I saw parents who came to the front rows and took pictures at different camera angles when their children were on the stage.

The concert was mostly piano performances. There were 15 students or so. There were also a couple of vocal performances. They mentioned that some of the songs will appear in a staged drama(?)/musical(?) that they'll perform next month.

The very last part of the concert was something different. It was the performed by a "special guest", a band called "Infinite Flying Kick", which is the band that Christina is in. Should I say it's a rock band? Well, they played 3 or 4 songs that sounded rock to me and they sure were loud. Or maybe they were in contrast with the prior piano performances.

A few songs by Infinite Flying Kick can be found on their MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/infiniteflyingkick

Bio, news, and photos can found on their web site:
http://www.infiniteflyingkick.com/

Looks like they've been performing here and there in Auckland for a year or two.

By the way, when I saw them, I thought that vocal/guitarist guy looked familiar. I thought I might have seen him during the high school period. Was that guy Willis in my maths class or something? Maybe Hari can give me a second opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willis? duno... i wasn't there... but could be.. since i think he plays band... but yea.. i wouldn't know for sure.. u should ask Christina.@@