Tuesday, October 02, 2007

超級星光大道 on my TV

I wanted to choose something to watch on TV today and an idea popped up. I could connect my notebook computer to my TV and watch whatever video I have on my computer. So I connected them up. Then I tried to open to open the videos files and found that I have no players/codecs for them. (One Jap drama needed Real Player, another movie needed DivX.)

It actually led to something better. I thought I could just go on YouTube to play the videos and I watch them on TV. That's what I did. I found the video clips of the latest 超級星光大道 episode. I played some of them and watched them on TV!

The stuffs that made this work were:
YouTube + Wireless LAN + laptop + TV

I'm making use of the mobility of "Wireless LAN + laptop" at home while I still can. It's convenient. I can take the laptop around the house and it keeps the connection to the Internet. Dad Skyped me in my room last weekend. A while later I took the laptop to the lounge to find my mum. We could talk there. In the old days we used to cram into the study, and somebody had to stand or sit on the floor because the room was too small. Then we did Internet voice calls there because that's where our desktop PC was.

好個科技始終來自人性

An even cooler thing to do is to find out how to play the live broadcasts of MLB postseason games on the TV for free. But I doubt I'll find any free broadcasts.

No comments: