Friday, October 26, 2007

It's a girl!

I was writing a cover letter and I didn't know whether to use Mr or Ms to address to Jo, the person I was writing to. A quick search landed me on this site, Baby Name Guesser. It can analyze a first name and tell you how commonly it is used as a male or female name. This was exactly what I needed. It told me that it is 3.303 times more common for Jo to be a girl's name.

Then I tried the name “Jess”. It is 7.099 times more likely to be female.


As I expected. It's more common to be a female name. That was probably why Jess changed his name to Jest. (I still don't know which name he actually uses, though.)

The name "Jest" is less ambiguous indeed. It said:
It's a girl!
Based on popular usage, it is 61.752 times more common for Jest to be a girl's name.


:P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna say Jest is not even a name!... but o well... it's even worse!!!

ROFL.... what a dude... hahahahaah