Friday, July 06, 2007

Transformers

I went to watch the movie Transformers with my previous co-workers last night. Probably most of your friends have told you that it's a great movie. Perhaps they've written blog entries recommending it. The robots are so cool and stuffs. Well, I'll leave the recommendations to them.

It's an action movie. The action part was great. It had the most sound effects coming from every angle that I've ever experienced in movie viewing. I guess we were lucky that we were in a cinema with excellent acoustics.

However, I'm not a fan of action movies. Worse, I'm not into robots. So other than enjoying the special effects and the occasional jokes in the movie, it wasn't that exciting for me. The plot is quite silly and the characters are quite dull, except for the jokes they make. I agree a lot with this movie review. Some plots don't go anywhere. E.g. What were the signal analysts for? What was that guy from the TV show Las Vegas (Josh Duhamel) for? I guess it doesn't matter, though. It just serves up one action sequence after another.

Among my ex team mates, the girls of my age enjoyed the movie more than I did. From our after movie chat, I think they probably played with toy robots more than I did I was a kid. ha :P
However, I programmed a silly little uncool robot when I was at Engineering school. Another way of playing with the robots. :P

Based on so many positive reviews by friends and people, I guess many people would enjoy Transformers.
As for me, I guess I'd be better off if I go watch those dramatic foreign films with Hari. :P
Or, I should find a girl to watch chick flicks with :P

No comments: