Friday, February 27, 2009

Computer tip: Ctrl + enlarges text

I use shortcut keys. Most people probably rarely use them. However, there's one I think that's really useful and people should know.
Press 'Ctrl' and '+' to enlarge the text.
This should make long articles easier to read.

In most browsers:
Ctrl +  makes the text larger
Ctrl -  makes the text smaller
Ctrl 0  set the text to the original size
Also, hold the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel also changes the size of the text.

They also work in some word processors (e.g. MS Word) and PDF readers etc. In this case, they're more like zooming in and out.

I know it's useful for someone who just got a new 10-inch netbook in Taiwan. hehe. Even for me, my notebook has a 15-inch screen. I still press Ctrl + on most web pages. I don't like straining my eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yea man I use this funtion on the 19 inch screen

dun even mention abt the 10 inch i got for now