Saturday, April 05, 2008

What's LC been doing? March/April

I have kept off MSN for quite some time and I've not contacted some friends for a few months. I guess I should fill you in about what I've been doing.
I'm lazy... so I'm basing this post on an email I sent to my friend. :P
Here it goes.

Nope, I still don't have a job. At least not a full time job that pays. I'm studying a postgraduate diploma in Computer Science in my old school, University of Auckland. So I guess I could say my occupation is a postgraduate student now.

In addition, I have a part-time job in the university computer lab as a "demonstrator". The main task is to answer students questions about the computers, help them with assignments and so on. I also have to tell people to be quiet and don't eat food in the lab.

My third "job" is a project which I do with a few Taiwanese youths here (old youths? :P)
. It's a Chinese radio show to promote road safety. (not exciting eh.) It is broadcast on the Mandarin radio channel here every Saturday. We cover a different topic each week and it'll run for about 5 months.

Yup. That's a short summary of what I've been up to. During the summer I also played badminton, jogged, went to the beach, played Wii, played texas hold'em. I guess that's most of it.

I haven't read novels. Too busy too finish my Harry (Hari?!) Potter and Order of the Phoenix.
I have kept off MSN. I find it's too much distraction. I think it's a nuisance to use it at uni anyway. But I'm starting to work on group assignments. You'll probably see me back online soon. I guess I should keep in touch with my overseas friends too. hm.. should I just tell them to check the blog so I don't have to type multiple times? :P
Hm, what else. Well, I guess my overseas friends will ask why I decided to study. Hm, maybe I should write about that. But I guess it doesn't matter much. I'm doing it anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my comment went missing?!

anyway, lazy to type it all again, but basically.. good to hear you are keeping busy, Esp getting a job as a "demonstrator"!!!!! never thought LC would become a tutor! haha.. NICE!! it's certainly a new change.. a nice one.

Cant find myself picturing LC answering questions from Uni students not to mention tell them to SHUT UP! haha.. and not to eat in class! PWN!

heck, I'd prob go back to visit NZ just to attend one of your "Demonstrations" to see you in ACTION! hehehe.. interesting sight...

btw, where's ND?? tell him I want the photos he took on Claire's wedding!!

Anonymous said...

just to keep LC updated, I have posted Clair's wedding photos on facebook. Come and see her cute husband.XD