Saturday, April 05, 2008

Rain in New York made me blue

Every Yankees game is broadcast in Taiwan. They are often rerun a few times. It was easy to watch Chien-Ming Wang on TV in Taiwan.
It's very different in NZ. One game is broadcast every few days. The game could be between any teams. When it does broadcast a Yankees game, Chien-Ming Wang might not be pitching (only 1-in-5 chance he's pitching).

I was excited when I found that ESPN was going to broadcast Yankees' opening game, and Wang was going to pitch. So I turned on the TV at 7am, expected to see Wang pitching the 3rd or 4th inning. Instead, I saw an empty Yankee Stadium with rain. The game was rescheduled. I was disappointed. :(
I didn't know raining in New York would affect my mood in NZ.

And the rescheduled game wasn't broadcast in NZ. :(
So I could only check the scoreboard on MLB web site while the game was playing. I also found it funny because my friends did this kind of score checking when NBA games were on but I never did. Now I'm doing the same thing.

I hope I can watch Wang pitch on TV some time this YEAR. and I don't mean when I visit Taipei. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha.. a stint in tw and now you are fan of MBL? (more a fan of Wang I should say...)

Good on you! supporting taiwan product! hahaha...

but yes, it is a shame you couldn't watch the rescheduled game.. I think he won? there's more MBL games here in AUS, we got FOXTEL! you can consider coming over after your degree.... hahahahaa.. I am currently recruiting...