Saturday, April 07, 2007

IKEA, dehydration

Don't know if there's anyone like me who goes to IKEA without the intention to buy any furniture. I just went there because I heard about it occassionally but I had never been there. And because my dad and I were looking for a place to go that rainy afternoon after we visited the museum in the morning.

In a way, IKEA is like a museum too. The goods are displayed to create a cozy or stylish feel to them. Different types of goods are placed in different zones, with a carefully designed path to lead the customers to go through one zone after another, after another, after another...
It took a long while to go through them. By the time we reached the exit, we were tired and thirsty. Dehydration, that's the impression IKEA has left on me.

No comments: