Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trail Running Extravaganza. Riverhead Forest

Ray and I went to a trail running event called Trail Running Extravaganza on Saturday 20th August. It was at Riverhead Forest. Ray ran the 9km medium course. I ran the 4km short course.

The trail was muddy at places. There were a few times that my feet were stuck to the mud and I had to pull them out with a lot of effort. In fact, Ray said that he once pulled his leg up and found his foot was out of the shoe and the shoe was stuck in the mud. Our shoes were covered and soaked with mud when we finished the run. [I should put a picture here. I will post it later]

The track I ran is shown on the map in this link.

It was a fun event instead of a competitive event. A theme was to dress up in 80s retro outfit. Some participants did dress up. There were a few men wearing the short shorts, not the type for running. I think they were called stubbies shorts. The runner who got the most attention was a lady who wore a vibrant two-piece. She looked great and she won the best retro outfit prize. And she ran the shortest time for all participants of the 9km course. Ray says now he doesn't believe in having the best gears. The lady is a proof that you can wear an outfit that's not designed for running and still run faster than everybody else. :)

No comments: