Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Matakana Day Trip

We had a day trip in Matakana on 6 August, 2011. We went to Matakana Farmers Market in the morning.



I'm not into buying food from stalls. Nevertheless, I ate a very sugary crepe after waiting for 15 minutes or so. Then I bought a bottle of feijoa & apple juice after tasting a small glass of it. We then went into some shops selling exquisite goods. One that particularly interested me was a stationery shop. There was a man drawing a fairly large piece of paper with a pen. The lines of the drawing looks like they're printed instead of drawn. The man stopped and talked to customers when they were standing besides him and gazing at his work. I think that's quite a special job. He keeps alternating between drawing and explaining.

When we were about to leave the town centre, we walked past this sign and I suggested that people could plank there. Maybe I shouldn't mention that?


Ray got on it and a guy came out of nowhere and posed for the picture. He then told us that he'd plank another way.


After I took the photo, he crossed the road and got back in the car in the petrol station where his mate was waiting. Then they drove away. So he really came over solely for planking with Ray. hehe.

We went to Brick Bay Vineyard and had lunch there. The lunch was a few platters of 下酒菜. We had a bottle of white wine with it. I don't have a photo of that. I was hungry and I just wanted to eat. The food tasted nice but it wasn't filling. So I was light headed because of the alcohol in my still quite empty stomach.

There is a sculpture trail in the vineyard. Friends walked and I staggered (exaggeration) the trail after lunch. There were a few cute ones but not many big spectacular sculptures.


Ray checks what card is at the bottom.

After we left the vineyard, we drove to Warkworth and had a short walk along the river. Then we went back to North Shore.


No comments: