Monday, June 01, 2009

Ice Skating

After weeks of delay by flu, back strain and whatever, we've finally gone ice skating. We hadn't done this for years. In Andy's case, he had never done it before.

The weird thing was, I got on quite well from the start. Somehow I managed to stand and skate quite steadily as soon as I was on the ice. I guess the years do make me wiser(???). I felt more relaxed and it made it easier to stay steady. I didn't know how to go fast, though.

Peter, Alice and Lydia had no trouble skating at all. Andy was new to this. He started by walking on the ice. He looked relatively steady for somebody who was just starting out. He kept saying his feet hurt, though. Jesu was like an old man on the ice. He skated slowly and often had to put a hand on the fence or on other people. Eventually he got better after a couple of hours. LC the stalker took two photos of the couple.


The phrase "in sickness and in health" came to my mind. I suggested that they should put them in the slide show on the wedding. They weren't keen. It's a pity that they didn't wear the yellow TYA T-shirts that they had in uni. That would be more nostalgia.

The guys all fell a few times, except maybe Peter. Andy fell big time as he tried to go fast. Oh, and Andy's feet hurt the worst. When we took off our skates, he found that he might have put the left and right skate on the wrong feet! :-o

One thing I don't understand is why some teenagers could wear short sleeves or shorts. Weren't they cold?

Oh, by the way, after we returned to Peter's place, Lydia somehow could break even or win over the house at blackjack. Then later, Jesu won the poker game. Yes, you read that right. We played Texas Hold'em and Jesu won. :-o

No comments: