Thursday, December 01, 2005

Excessive thoughts turn to sabotage

I haven't written something here for a while. It's not that I don't have anything I want to say. In fact, I have something that I feel like writing down nearly every day. However, I guess my habit gets me again. I let excessive thoughts sabotage myself. Think too much. Then, eventually feel it's too much trouble and don't do it.

That has had its pros and cons. It avoids doing damaging things on impulse, while letting some opporunities slip away. I think it's time for a different "model". I begin to feel the opportunity cost might be more than I realized. I should believe in myself more and take my chances. I suspect I'll find that some "chances" are actually certainties if I cut my doubts.

Finally, two quotes pops up... not really related to previous words. but just thoughts.

We can expect great things from you. Could be terrible, but great.
(a modified quote from Harry Potter 1)

With great power comes great responsibility
(from Spider Man 2)

No comments: