Saturday, October 15, 2005

Expose my ignorance, foolishness and prejudice

I've avoided getting a blog until now.
Why didn't I want it? Because I think it might bring a lot of trouble. Do you know there are people who get fired for writing stuffs about their work on their personal blog? I know I wouldn't do that so that's OK. However, I know I can't stop my mouth (keyboard, rather) once I've started a blog. Inevitably, I'm going to say something stupid, someday. I might offend some people. The worst thing is, if I put it on my blog, it's public, and it's permanent. Nowadays, when you put something online, expect that someone or somewhere will keep copies of it. For how long? Indefinitely.
Recently, I've wasted some time reading blogs and forums online. I found a lot of comments that are not based on facts or reasoning. A lot of words were plainly biased and offensive. Some showed a lot of hatred. I felt quite sad when I read some of those things.
On the other hand, I read some interesting things written by friends on their blogs. OK, they're not actually that interesting. However, the sense of sharing makes it interesting. That's what eventually tempted me to get this blog and try it out.
What about the stupid things that I'll say? I know that, like everybody else, I've got limited knowledge, reasoning, and I've got my likes, dislikes. Still, I'm giving it a try. Even though it will expose my ignorance, foolishness, and prejudice.

OK, some of you must be thinking: "It's just a blog." Can't I just write something "light"?
Well, I know that. But I also know that having such a convenient tool to say things, I'll be emotional at times and say some things that might offend some people.
I guess I just want to declare that I'm not above everybody else. I'm just as stupid as anybody. I'm not "the" voice. I just have a voice. I represent nobody but LC. Yes, only silly me.

So, here we go. This is my blog.

No comments: